W. P. Wagner students are encouraged to strive for personal excellence, a goal supported through a tradition of exceptional academic programming in core subjects and in a wide array of complementary courses. Student achievement and safety are top priorities for W. P. Wagner, but students are also encouraged to pursue a healthy, well-rounded school experience and are provided with support throughout the journey. There are countless opportunities for students to show their "Warrior Pride" through the many clubs, fun days, high quality athletic teams, and outstanding programs offered at W. P. Wagner.
Students seeking academic enrichment are offered Advanced Placement courses as well as the unique and award winning F.I.R.S.T. Program (Focus in Research, Science, and Technology) boasting enrichment in science and technology, and the pairing of students with mentors through our partnership with the University of Alberta. There is something for every student, with many options in Fine Arts, Career and Technology Studies, Physical Education, four International Languages, as well as innovative science options including Engineering, Marine Biology, and Forensic Science. W. P. Wagner is also a district Interactions site for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
At W. P. Wagner, we strive to be an exemplary school that promotes the pursuit of personal bests by creating challenging student centered learning environments that develop responsibility and accountability. We are a caring community of learners and leaders committed to excellence through communication, collaboration and mutual respect.
MISSION & VISION STATEMENT
We are committed to preparing students for the future by providing a diversity of exceptional programming and varied learning experiences with an emphasis on utilizing technology to improve student achievement.
To be an exemplary school that promotes the pursuit of personal bests by creating a caring, respectful school community that fosters integrity, responsibility and excellence.
W. P. Wagner, modernized in the early 90's, is a bright, clean facility located on a beautiful ravine setting. Our amenities include:
- 8 high speed computer labs including designated labs for each core subject as well as 2 mobile laptop labs.
- Wi-Fi throughout the school
- State of the art Design and Communications Technology Centre
- Learning Resources Centre with full on-line and CD-ROM resources and research materials
- Bright, spacious, well equipped science lab classrooms allow for hands-on learning
- Outstanding facilities for Career and Technology Studies (CTS) programming
- Technology incorporated into every subject
- Classrooms equipped with internet, TV, presentation systems
- Innovative science related courses: Marine Biology, Engineering, and Forensics.
- High speed videoconferencing hardware to connect W.P. Wagner to the world through the SuperNet.